1870’s map of Havant- Langstone

This interesting map is held by the Bluebell railway, sourced from Alan Bell’s donation to them.

This shows the connection at Havant station and the line to Langston station. A small loco shed was built at the opening of the railway. The site of this was chosen due to the proximity of the springs in the area which meant a ready supply of water was readily available. This shed was closed and a new one opened at Hayling South which remained open until the turn of the 20th century. After which time, the locomotives were housed at Fratton Depot.

Meet the Author

Hayling Billy 50
0 comments… add one